Tashiro Kitchen and Bath
Updated California Rancher kitchen reflects owner’s Japanese aesthetic with modern twist, opening kitchen up to dining and family rooms. Kathy incorporated energy-efficient, upscale appliances, easy-to-maintain finishes, and additional storage space, while considering client’s physical challenges.
- Created Zen-like quality of four elements and earthy finishes with river rock, flat-cut bamboo, quartz and granite tops, rain-patterned glass, and simplicity of lines in cabinets.
- Added a crisp, modern touch with new stainless steel built-in espresso machine, sub-zero refrigerator, and wine cooler, along with all other appliances, faucets, sinks, and hardware finished in stainless steel.
- Enabled home chef to prepare Asian specialties while visiting with family by adding island bar counter with tandem sinks and counters.
- Extra-deep window counter enabled owner to tend orchids while viewing golf on adjoining family room’s large flat-screen television.
- Added big BTU range top with continuous burner grates set into Caesarstone solid surface countertop and backsplash topped with high-efficiency floating exhaust hood.
- Dispelled owner’s body circulation issues by using heated tile floors with flat river rock borders in food-prep areas.