As a designer:
With a portfolio spanning over 40 years, Kathy Bate is one of the Bay Area’s most successful and seasoned design specialists.
Kathy is extremely knowledgeable about the many options for cabinetry, appliances, and plumbing fixtures as well as furnishings, lighting, and finishes. She uses eco-friendly and sustainable products and one-of-a-kind craftsmen options that will make your home kitchen or restaurant come to life and be uniquely yours.
She is energetic, easy to work with, a great team player, compassionate and realistic about your budget. Contractors, vendors, and architects appreciate Kathy’s detailed drawings and personal involvement coordinating projects. They gladly refer her to prospective clients and call her to design their own homes.
As a teacher:
Kathy has shared her knowledge and love of design as a design instructor at community colleges in Scottsdale, Arizona and in California at Chabot in Hayward and Los Positas in Livermore.
As a volunteer:
Always looking for ways to give back to her community, Kathy has participated in many volunteer projects throughout her career and is particularly proud of her involvement designing the interiors of Garden Park Enterprises in Phoenix , a school and training center for those with Down syndrome for which she received special recognition. Kathy was also instrumental in designing the interiors for Unity Center of Walnut Creek.
- Certified Aging In Place Certification
- ACAD Certification
- Continuing Education for ASID – 1972 to Present
- University of Arizona – Bachelor of Science, Interior Design
Professional Associations & Awards
- Professional Member ASID since 1975 (Board of Directors – AZ and CA Chapters)
- Nation Associations of Home Builders – CAPS
- Member of Hospitality Industry Association
- ASID Designer of Distinction – Arizona Chapter
- 2 ASID First Place Residential Design Awards
- 2 ASID First Place Commercial Design Awards – Restaurant Design
Ready to get started?
Want to discuss your project, or maybe you just have a few questions?