Dramatic location revealed. Materials and shapes link interior of pier building to spectacular bay view. Kathy transformed a seedy, dark bar into this stunning Greek destination restaurant, providing intimate dining in the large, open space. It capitalizes on the breathtaking view of San Francisco Bay while creating a see-and-be-seen venue.
Read more about design elements...
- Exposed, refurbished, and enhanced interesting original building materials with low-cost paint and semi-transparent washes.
- Added the Greek connection with low free-form stucco dividers and foot-high travertine wall base – fishnets NOT included.
- Highlighted focal points, including back bar wall of wine with sparing use of brightly-colored Venetian plaster.
- Tied interior design to nautical arena outside with boat-shaped millwork and curved walls.
- Illuminated the lunch, dinner, and after-dinner scenes with endless variety through the use of dramatic theatrical lighting, star-like low-voltage cable lighting, and natural day lighting with a new floor-to-ceiling wall of glass on the portside.
Ready to get started?
Want to discuss your project, or maybe you just have a few questions?