Ocean Oyster Bar
First-time restaurant owners realized their dream – opening an upscale seafood restaurant. The former casual chain restaurant is transformed into a sophisticated oyster bar and fine dining featuring custom LED lighting reflecting the ocean theme.
Through skillful rendition of lighting and design, your eyes are filled with the wonder of the ocean from the exterior remodel featuring entry gabions filled with oysters to the back-lit Aqua back bar inviting you to jump in to fine dining.
Read more about design elements...
- Avoiding nautical cliches, the designer opted for sophisticated, soft-contemporary interior incorporating owners’ favorite color of aqua blue.
- Re-imagining the former chain restaurant’s 2900 square foot layout, Kathy started with a functional space plan and added dramatic focal points to enhance profit centers at the oyster bar and lounge area.
- A wrap-around banquette with deep, pillowed back and custom stone-shaped table tops repeats the design of the host station cabinet. Multiple seating options maximize the 298 guest limit producing intimate seating for two to flexible seating for social connection.
- All seating and material specifications uphold heavy commercial durability standards and ease of maintenance.
- Energy-efficient LED lighting per CA Title-24 replaced previous generations of incandescent lighting includes the designers’ custom floor and deck lamps, jellyfish inspired ceiling pendants and central “In The Swim” bar light sculpture.
Noteworthy: Kathy Bate received a 1st Place ASID Design Competition award for her work on this project.
Ready to get started?
Want to discuss your project, or maybe you just have a few questions?