Ocean Oyster Bar
First-time restaurant owners realized their dream – opening an upscale seafood restaurant. The former casual chain restaurant is transformed into a sophisticated oyster bar and fine dining featuring custom LED lighting reflecting the ocean theme.
Read more about design elements...
- Avoiding nautical cliches, the designer opted for sophisticated, soft-contemporary interior incorporating owners’ favorite color of aqua blue.
- Re-imagining the former chain restaurant’s 2900 square foot layout, Kathy started with a functional space plan and added dramatic focal points to enhance profit centers at the oyster bar and lounge area.
- A wrap-around banquette with deep, pillowed back and custom stone-shaped table tops repeats the design of the host station cabinet. Multiple seating options maximize the 298 guest limit producing intimate seating for two to flexible seating for social connection.
- All seating and material specifications uphold heavy commercial durability standards and ease of maintenance.
- Energy-efficient LED lighting per CA Title-24 replaced previous generations of incandescent lighting includes the designers’ custom floor and deck lamps, jellyfish inspired ceiling pendants and central “In The Swim” bar light sculpture.
Noteworthy: Kathy Bate received a 1st Place ASID Design Competition award for her work on this project.
Ready to get started?
Want to discuss your project, or maybe you just have a few questions?